Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter Guide
Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter Guide
On an Amalfi Coast yacht charter, you can discover a 50 km stretch of paradise on Italy’s Salerno Gulf Southern Coastline. Gentle light winds, easy light sailing conditions, and short distances, with the options of visiting some of the best views in the world, blue waters, and beautiful buildings.
Famous for being a UNESCO World Heritage Site the Amalfi Coast is filled with historic landmarks, beautiful houses, and blue waters to discover on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter. On an Amalfi Coast yacht charter, you can discover picturesque staircases, narrow alleyways, large and vast mountains and the turquoise ocean. History can be seen everywhere throughout the coastline and on the surrounding islands.
An Amalfi Coast yacht charter has something for everyone whether you are a history buff, beach person or someone who likes to explore, Italy’s Amalfi Coast is the perfect destination for everyone.
In this guide, we hope to give you an insight into everything you need to know about booking and going on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter.
Weather on an Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter
Weather on an Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter. The best time to go on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter is between May and September. With the warm hot dry summers of the Mediterranean averaging a high of 29c (84f) and a low of 18c (64). The weather is mild during the winter months between 13 – 18c (54 – 63f), the tail ends of the season at the end of April and the beginning of October offer cooler weather but with less crowded areas and marinas. The sea surface temperatures vary between 15°C (59°F) in February and 27°C (81°F) in August.
On an Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter. On an Amalfi Coast yacht charter you can find out more about weather forecasts and weather alerts on the following channels;
- Channel 68 English and Italian 24 hour weather forecasts.
- Channel 21 English and Italian 24 hour weather forecasts.
- Harbours and Marinas also have their own weather channels which you can tune into.
Wind Conditions on an Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter
Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter. The best months to go on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter is between May and September. A prevailing northwesterly wind blows steadily through this time between 8 and 15 knots. The average wind speed between June and August isn’t normally higher than between 20 to 25 knots.
Tides and Swells. On an Amalfi Coast yacht charter, the tide is minimal and only ranging up to 1ft (0.3m) at a maximum.
Best Time to go to the Amalfi Coast
When is the best time to go on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter? Any time of year is a great time to go on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter, depending on the individual’s availability.
Seasons. The Amalfi Coast has a Mediterranean climate with dry hot summers and mild winter, the temperatures varying and cooling off during the winter season. During the winter months, the chance of rainfall is significantly higher than during the summer months. The area is still beautiful and if you prefer the cooler temperatures a great time to visit is at the beginning of the summer season in May or at the end of September. During these months the temperatures are cooler but the water temperature hasn’t cooled down completely and the summer crowds haven’t appeared yet.
The Amalfi Coast is a great Sailing Destination
Great Sailing Destination. The Amalfi Coast is a 50 kilometre stretch of Italy’s Salerno Gulf Southern Coastline, which is located in the Tyrrhenian Sea in Southern Italy. The area was given UNESCO heritage recognition thanks to its historic landmarks, beautiful houses and its history. The Amalfi Coast and its heritage status have attracted visitors from all over the world to its colourful houses, with the colours of majolica domes, bougainvillea, carnations pergolas and whitewashed houses. The Amalfi Coast has a large number of towns and villages to explore, coves to anchor in and beaches to relax at.
Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter. When you are on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter, you can create an itinerary depending on your desires and requirements. One thing that makes the Amalfi Coast so appealing for sailors is the large number of destinations to explore in the area. If you have a skipper, your skipper can recommend islands to explore, marinas to moor in and restaurants to visit. They also have expert knowledge of how to book marinas and what needs to be done in advance and what places you can just arrive at without pre-booking.
Amalfi Coast Itinerary
Amalfi Coast Sailing Itinerary. The Amalfi Coast is located in the Tyrrhenian Sea in Southern Italy. The area was given UNESCO heritage recognition thanks to its historic landmarks, beautiful houses and surrounding area. We have created an Amalfi Coast Sailing Itinerary, to allow sailors to experience some of the best sites on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter.
Places Not to Miss on a Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter
Places to Visit. The Italian Amalfi Coastline is filled with wonderful places to visit and places to anchor or swim on an Amalfi Coast yacht charter. Here are some recommendations for the best places to visit along the Amalfi Coastline.
- Sorrento – A town which overlooks the Bay of Naples and its beauty, with cliffs, bays to swim in as well as caves and inlets.
- Salerno – Considered the capital of the Amalfi Coast in the Tyrrhenian Sea, with narrow streets, beautiful towns, villages, medieval churches, and picturesque scenery.
- Procida – Located within the 4km squared Bay of Naples, the small island has an abundance of lemon groves, colourful pastel houses, and has preserved its beauty and traditions.
- Ischia – The Largest island in the area, 10 km long and 7km wide, often considered the ‘island of eternal youth’, with its rich springs, hot springs, mud baths, and thermal mineral reserves.
- Capri – Capri is considered one of the ‘most beautiful places on earth’, with a rocky and rugged coastline, beautiful coastline, filled with legends and Greek mythology.
- Amalfi – Amalfi is filled with high mountains, bustling piazzas, beaches, medieval cathedrals, 1st century AD Roman aristocracy and luxury villas.
- Ventotene Island – A small island in a remote location, with a laid-back style, and relaxation with Old World Mediterranean charm.
- Ponza Island – A mountainous crescent-shaped island, with a mountain 915 feet high called Monte La Guardia, with views from the top which you can hike up to.
- Palmarola Island – The uninhabited island is a natural Mediterranean paradise with caves, cliffs, craggy heights, and rugged coastlines.
Best Time to Book an Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter
Best Time to Book an Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter. The best time to book an Amalfi Coast yacht charter is now! We have fully qualified and knowledgable sales advisors who can find your perfect Amalfi Coast yacht charter and help make your sailing dreams come true.
Expert Advice. Our sales advisors can give you recommendations of areas to visit, itineraries, and help with choosing the perfect boat for your trip. Our sales advisors have knowledge of the boats and area, as well as wind conditions and weather at specific times of the year.
Amalfi Coast Yacht Charter Guide